Spring is here!! And there's no better way to ring in the season than with a refreshing cocktail out on the patio, balcony, porch, or even sitting on the couch.
The team at Gente de Mezcal hosts our virtual cocktail classes and they know a thing or two about mixing a good drink. Gente de Mezcal (‘Mezcal People’) is a small, independent, Mezcal-producing company founded in 2015 by Hardey Martínez and Juan Carlos Muñoz Flores. The founders are passionate about small-batch production, local sustainability, and the promotion of Mexican Mezcal culture. Their award-winning mixologists lead our virtual Mezcal & Tequila Cocktail Class—one of our most popular experiences and perfect for really elevating a team happy hour!
The recipe to make your very own Mystery Aguachile (the cocktail-form of a delicious Mexican dish you NEED to try) is below. Cheers!
- 60ml (2 oz) Mezcal or Tequila
- 4 cubes of fresh pineapple
- 4 cubes of cucumber
- 6 fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- One slice of fresh serrano chilli
- 2 teaspoons of sugar OR 25ml syrup (honey, agave, etc.)
- Worm salt (or normal salt mixed with ground chilli or Tajin)
- 1 freshly squeezed lime or 30ml lime juice
- Cut a slice of lime and moisten the rim of your glass with it.
- Put your salt/ground chilli mix (or Tajin, or worm salt) onto a small plate.
- Press the rim of the glass into the salt mix as to cover it all the way around.
- Add ice to your glass.
- Add the pineapple, cucumber, coriander leaves, lime juice, syrup, and mezcal or tequila to your shaker.
- Add ice cubes to your shaker to fill and shake for 10 seconds.
- Remove the ice from your glass.
- Use a strainer to pour the strainer contents into your glass.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Let us plan a virtual mixology class for your team, click here to get started!