Mystery is a managed marketplace that connects people to experiences in a new way. With the onset of COVID-19, Mystery expanded its product offerings to include Mystery for Business, which offers companies of all sizes a way to connect with and show appreciation for their colleagues through a variety of online Virtual Events as well as Team Gifting options. Since launching in September 2020, Mystery for Business has grown to offer 25+ high quality virtual experiences and has executed events for companies including Amazon, Microsoft, Tableau, Apple, and more.
This role will focus on being a flawless executor of Virtual Events and Team Gifting for Mystery for Business. As an Event Manager you will build relationships with your company points of contact, establishing Mystery as their go-to Virtual Event and Team Gifting vendor of choice. You will also work directly with our Virtual Supply Partners to schedule and execute Virtual Events, as well as work with Mystery’s warehouse team to fulfill orders of shipped Gift Boxes.
Mystery is a post-seed stage company currently operational in Seattle, Austin and Denver. Come join a team that’s bringing surprise and delight to people’s lives!
- You’re looking to join an early stage startup where you’ll work with a close knit team of smart people to shape and scale a product that customers love!
- You have an event planning and/or operations background.
- You have eagle eyes when it comes to the details and nothing slips through the cracks.
- You over-communicate and love efficiency.
- You understand the importance of data-driven decisions and work to base your next move off quantifiable information.
- You can operate with independence, but you know when to escalate issues to your team lead.
- When you commit to an action, you see it through.
- You’re passionate about bringing joy to people through your work.
For bonus points:
- You have data analysis skills and/or SQL knowledge.
- Ensure that people signing up for Mystery for Business have an amazing experience!
- Virtual Events and Team Gifting experiences are seamless and go off without a hitch.
- Strong customer service skills + high customer empathy.
- Develop scalable operating procedures to facilitate Mystery’s rapid growth (i.e. writing SOPs).
- Help develop and maintain Mystery’s partner relationships (i.e. Virtual Event partners).
- Work collaboratively with Mystery’s warehouse team to fulfill orders with shipped materials.
- Operate cross functionally to execute on special projects.
- Analyze event feedback data and develop insights that improve the customer experience.
- Assist with the training and onboarding of new hires.
- While your main focus will be on Mystery for Business, you will also be called upon to provide support to Mystery Night In and Mystery Night Out product lines, as needed, in addition to general Customer Service Support.
- Any number of disparate tasks to support the needs of the business and our customers!
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of Event planning experience.
- Demonstrated ability of excelling in fast paced operations environments.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills (spreadsheet skills required).
- High self-initiative with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong sense of ownership and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts as required for event execution.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Startup experience
- SQL experience (subqueries, window functions, joins etc.)
You will be evaluated on:
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Effective communication - strong verbal, written, customer service, and social skills.
- Resourcefulness and end to end problem solving.
- Decision quality.
- Passion for innovation, process, and adaptability to change.
- Willingness to push beyond the scope of your role.
- Performance against KPIs.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Flex WFH schedule
- Generous professional development stipend
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
Mystery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply.