Mystery is a managed Marketplace powered by Surprise and Delight.
With the onset of covid-19 Mystery expanded its product offerings to include Mystery for Business, which offers companies of all sizes a way to connect with and show appreciation for their colleagues through a variety of online virtual events as well as team gifting options. Since launching in September 2020, Mystery for Business has grown to work with 150+ companies including Amazon, Apple, Stripe, T-Mobile, Convoy, Tableau, Microsoft, and many more.
For its B2C customers, Mystery offers an at-home date night option, called Mystery Night In. This is a box filled with a variety of surprise goods and activities, that gets shipped straight to your front door and is designed to provide hours of fun.
Mystery’s flagship product line, Mystery Night Out, uses human-in-the-loop matching to create a curated outing based on a customer’s preferences and price point (you like to be outdoors and hate seafood? We will plan you an awesome adventure with an outdoorsy activity and dinner at a great restaurant with many non-seafood options, all at your price point!). This product line is currently on pause due to the pandemic, but we hope will be reinstated in late 2021.
Since its founding, Mystery has raised over $3.1M from notable investors like Founder’s Co-op, Liquid 2 Ventures, Scooter Braun’s venture fund, Greg Greeley (ex-President of Homes at Airbnb), David Rosenthal (of the Acquired podcast), and more.
Mystery is a post-seed stage company currently operational nationwide. Come join a dynamic and innovative team that’s bringing surprise and delight back into people’s lives!
- A decision maker with a strong bias for action - you set practical priorities and act on them rapidly
- Resourceful and dynamic - you are able to seamlessly adjust to unique scenarios given customer needs to accurately sell products and close deals
- Detail oriented and well organized - you are a methodical executor and love setting up systems and frameworks
- Product minded - you are able to understand new features and position them to customers accordingly
- Talent magnet - when people meet you they want to work with you
- A proven sales professional - you have previously built pipelines and sold into large enterprise customers
- Able to sell into a team and expand - you have a strong ability to navigate an enterprise and develop key points of contact in multiple departments and multiple levels of leadership
- Customer focused - with impeccable communication, customer empathy, and integrity
- Currently a Senior Account Executive, Sales Manager, or Senior Sales Manager
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Recruit, develop, and enable a team of high performing sales professionals
- Monitor sales performance - activity, pipelines, forecasts, and closed-deals to ensure quota attainment
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing to maximize revenue growth
- Create a sales strategy that targets identified B2B customer personas
- Establish tools to better operationalize sales team
- Own the sales roadmap, including reporting and forecasting for your team and the company
- Develop and implement best practices to maximize pipeline creation, customer conversion rates, and forecasting accuracy
- Gather and communicate customer needs to the Product and Engineering team to aid in feature prioritization
You have experience in:
- Enterprise B2B Sales
- A startup with <10 folks on the Sales team
- Proven history of consistently sourcing and closing business while exceeding sales goals
- Inbound and outbound pipeline generation motions
- Making analytical decision with a deep understanding of forecasting and managing through data
- Managing customers relationships from outreach to deal close
- Use of Hubspot, Salesforce, or similar CRM
It’s a huge plus if you have:
- Sales management experience
- Experience working with marketplace businesses
- Experience with the enterprise HR space
- Worked with high-output small teams
Mystery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply.